By submitting an order, you are accepting the Terms and Conditions of the www.makingitgreen.co.uk web site. Please read these terms of sale carefully before placing your order and retain a copy of these terms and your order for future reference. You may find it helpful to print a copy for information.
a. When you register with this web site, you will be required to choose a contact email address and password. You are responsible for all sessions and transactions taken under these details. You should keep your password safe and not disclose it to anyone. You should change it immediately if you feel it has been compromised.
b. If any of your details change, such as your credit card billing address, you must inform Bentham as soon as possible. You may update your details by signing into your account on the Bentham web site and updating the relevant section.
Please review our terms and conditions fully before purchasing goods from Bentham Limited. The following Terms and Conditions in no way affect either your Legal Rights or protection that you may be given by your credit card company.
If you place an order it indicates that you accept these Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree with them do not proceed further with your order and let us know your concerns via the Contact Us link and we will of course respond. We reserve the right, where necessary, to make changes to this website and to change our Terms and Conditions at any time.
Should a product be unavailable we will contact you before substituting alternative goods. You have no obligation to accept them and if they do not prove satisfactory you do not have to bare the cost of returning them.
Making a contract with us
When you place an order with us, you are making an offer to buy goods. We will send you an email to confirm that we have received your order. Once we have checked the price and availability of the goods, we will email you again to confirm that we accept your order and that a contract has been made between us. We will not take payment until we have accepted your order. In the unlikely event that goods are no longer available, or that we have made a pricing mistake, we will advise you of this. You will not receive an email confirming acceptance of your order and there will be no contract between us.
Copyrights and Trademarks
This website, the Making IT Green logo and Bentham logo is owned by Bentham Ltd, and use of the Making IT Green name without permission is strictly prohibited. Printer manufacturer trademarks are owned by their respective companies and used on this website either to sell their own products ('original' product) or for clarification purposes.
Use of Site
All text, graphics and photos published on this site are copyrighted and may not be used, reproduced or displayed without permission.
The vast majority of orders will ship on the same or next working day. In the rare event that a product is not immediately available, you will be contacted via email or telephone and asked if you want to keep the order live. Bentham Limited reserves the right to refuse orders for any reason and to return immediately any monies taken by credit card or other means.
Orders are shipped from our premises at:
Unit 1 Polham Lane Industrial Estate
We make every effort to clearly and fairly identify our products on our website and in any other promotional material. Price comparisons and other product information are collected from manufacturers’ specifications and advertised prices.
The following terms may be found on our site:
- Original Inkjet or Toner Cartridges are those marketed by the original printer manufacturer and purchased by us, through the manufacturers’ established distribution channel.
- Recycled inkjets and toners are original manufacturer inkjet cartridges or toners that have been cleaned, conditioned and refilled to the highest standard. They can be expected to match the performance and quality of the original product.
Compatible Inkjets are produced by third party manufacturers as a viable alternative to the manufacturer original.
Retention of Title
All ownership, title and risk of loss and/or damage in the goods purchased shall pass to you at the point and time at which the goods are allocated and/or charged to your card or account. The sale takes place in Jersey and is concluded in Jersey.
- Bentham Limited retains title to all goods supplied until such time as they have been fully paid for.
Product Grading Information
Brand new unused product. Includes surplus, aged and unopened return stock. Sold with a 12 month manufacturer warranty. In original packaging. Unless otherwise specified.
Open boxed returns/cancellations/surplus or full factory reconditioned stocks in Good As New condition. Sold with a full 12 month warranty. Shipped in retail or plain box. Packaging may show marks. Check individual items for additional specifications or special conditions.
Refurbished / Grade A1
Thoroughly tested and inspected. Products may show minor cosmetic marks and signs of use, including small scratches or wear marks on keyboards/screens/touchpads. Sold boxed with mains adaptor/charger and a minimum 3 month RTB warranty. No defect will effect item use/performance. Check individual items for additional specifications or special conditions. All laptops, PCs and monitors are now supported by a 12 month RTB warranty unless otherwise stated in the product details.
Refurbished / Grade A2
Thoroughly tested and inspected. Products may show medium cosmetic marks and signs of use, including medium scratches or wear marks on keyboards/screens/touchpads or minor cosmetic damage. Sold with mains adaptor/charger and a 3 month RTB warranty. No defect will effect item use/performance. Check individual items for additional specifications or special conditions. All laptops, PCs and monitors are now supported by a 12 month RTB warranty unless otherwise stated in the product details.
All items are thoroughly tested. Products are pre-owned (not refurbished) and will have visible marks or scratches but none that affect the functionality of the item. Check individual items for additional specifications, special conditions and warranty period.
No goods purchased by a third party, under "trade terms" i.e. with the express intention for the provision of resale of goods, purchased in quantity, will be accepted for return.
Under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, you have the right to cancel a contract within 14 calendar days - starting from the day after you take delivery of the goods (a "cooling off" period). You have the right to cancel for any reason without penalty. You only have the right to inspect the goods to the same level you would in a retail premises. This 'cooling off' period does not allow for goods to be tested, opened, built or set up. Please note Trade orders for re-sale and custom build/special request items are non returnable and non refundable unless not as described or faulty/damaged in transit.
If you wish to cancel a contract, please write to us, fax us or e-mail clearly stating your full details, invoice number and cancellation instructions. To cancel the contract, you must give us notice within fourteen working days starting from the day after you take delivery of the order.
Once you have cancelled the contract, you have a legal "duty of care" to take good care of the goods. You must return the goods to us at your expense (unless goods are faulty) to the address below - we would advise that you use a recorded-delivery service for small items and an insured courier service for larger items. Please mark all parcels clearly with your returns number, and that they are well packed/protected we will NOT be held liable for any damage not reported before it is sent back. Any such damage may mean we are unable to refund the goods in full or part.
If it is more convenient, we can arrange collection by our couriers; any costs incurred will be deducted from your final refund, except where goods are faulty/incorrect.
Damage in Transit
- If you take delivery of an Bentham Limited product and the contents appear to be damaged in transit you must notify us within 24 hours of receiving it and obtain a returns number. We will replace the item on receipt at our premises. See our Contact Us page for contact details and please note your Account Reference shown on the delivery note.
Defective or Miss-described Product
- If the product you consider to be defective is an "original" product, that is to say manufactured by the printer manufacturer you should first contact the manufacturer direct. See their website. Many printer manufacturers require direct contact from end users in respect of faulty product and will take the appropriate action. We of course accept that your contract is with us so please contact us in addition to the manufacturer.
- If you consider that you have a defective 'compatible' product please contact customer service (details on contact us page) and you will be contact within two working days. If we cannot resolve the issue, you will be given a returns number and the product replaced.
- Do remember that many ink and toner cartridges serve a number of different printers using the same engine and that your product may not be listed on the box. Check on this website one of the products listed on the box and see if it uses the our same code product as your printer, if it does, you can use the product with confidence.
- If you still believe that you have received an incorrect product, contact customer services (details on contact us page) and you will be contacted within two working days.
Are there any products that can't be returned?
We can't offer refunds or exchanges, unless faulty or not as described, on the following items:
Perishable or personalised products and products with a seal for health/hygiene protection are non-returnable unless there is a fault (including but not limited to headphones and shaving products).
Warranty and returns policy
In addition to the terms above regarding cancellation of order/contract all goods are sold with a warranty from a minimum of 90 days on Refurbished items. All laptops, PCs and monitors are now supported by a 12 month RTB warranty unless otherwise stated in the product details. Please check the item description for details/specific length of warranty and item condition.
All warranties exclude damage not reported within 1 working day of delivery. Exclusions will apply to damage or faults caused from user error, 3rd party repairs/upgrades. We only warranty the item as supplied any changes to hardware or software resulting in a compatibility issue or fault are not covered under warranty. All warranties are UK only. We are not able to offer warranty support to goods shipped out side of the UK.
We cannot offer refunds or exchanges, unless goods are faulty or not as described, on the following items: perishable or personalised products and products with a seal for health/hygiene protection are non-returnable unless there is a fault (including but not limited to headphones and shaving products).
We are not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss (all three of which terms include, without limitation, pure economic loss, loss of profits, loss of business, depletion of goodwill and similar loss), costs, damages, charges or expenses. Our total liability shall be limited to the Sale price paid for the item/items as per the supplied invoice.
All goods remain the property of Bentham Limited until paid for in full.
Any delivery discrepancy must be notified to the Seller within 24 hours of receipt of goods. Goods delivered damaged should be signed for accordingly and the Seller notified in writing within 24 hours. Please retain all damaged goods and packaging. Invoice queries must be notified within 14 days of invoice.
ANTI SPAM POLICY
SPECIAL OFFERS, DISCOUNT CODES AND PROMOTIONS
From time to time we offer promotional discounts, sales or free gifts by email, post and via other online and print media. Any significant limitation, exclusions or qualifying criteria will be clearly stated in the offer. In addition to those key points please consider that some of the following restrictions may be in place:
- Unless specifically stated all promotional offers of discount, Buy X Get Y Free, or Free gift promotions will be only be valid on purchases of our Branded Product.
- Prices may be subject to change without notice.
- Vouchers/Codes/Special Offers must be redeemed at the time of ordering and cannot be exchanged for cash, refund or credit against prior purchases.
- There may be a small number of items with specific exclusions or reduced discounts available. See individual items for details.
- All discounts available, once a promotional code is validated/activated, will show in your shopping cart for your confirmation prior to purchase completion or payment.
- Making IT Green reserve the right to refuse/cancel/refund any order where, in its reasonable opinion, a promotion code or discount is invalid, expired or is the subject of fraudulent activity.
- Any offers made are subject to stock availability and are subject to change with reasonable notice.
- In the event of item return/cancellation, any refund/credit will be to the discounted value or, if promotional/free goods were supplied with the order, any refund may be reduced pro-rata by the retail value of any un-returned promotional goods.
- Unless explicitly stated promotional offers cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Unless otherwise stated offers do not apply to delivery charges. Please check your shopping basket before completing your order and check the delivery charges.
PERSONAL DATA ON RETURNED ITEMS
For any items being returned with personal data/files saved please ensure that any passwords/lock patterns/codes are removed or disabled, especially iCloud locks! We will NOT be able to test/repair or refund any item that is locked/inaccessible. Please also ensure that you have backed-up/saved any valuable/unique data. We may need to reset/erase or replace hard drives/storage memory as part of fault finding or repair processes. If you have any content not backed up externally you must inform us immediately, as we cannot guarantee it will not be lost, wiped or over-written. We accept no liability for the loss of data unless we are informed and acknowledge your request.